My girls and I love quiche. It's such an easy dish to make and takes 20 minutes to put together if that! I typically raid the refrigerator and see what needs to be eaten. My girls like the basics..... ham and cheddar cheese.
This dish I used spinach, sautéed mushrooms, onion, and ham. Bacon is great too!
1 pie crust (I buy the ready to go store bought- it's quick and easy!)
1 c of fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 c of spinach
1/4 c of diced yellow onion
4 large eggs
1 c of milk, half & half or heavy cream
1 c of swiss cheese
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
2 tbls of extra virgin olive oil
1. Saute the mushrooms, onion and spinach in the oil until tender.
2. grease your 9" pie plate and lay the pie crust into the dish.
3. Drain any water excess from your mushroom mixture and then add into the pie crust. Place your cup of swiss cheese on top.
4. Whisk the milk, eggs, salt & pepper. Pour on top of your ingredients.
5. Place in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes or until your knife inserted in the center comes out clean.